Sunday, September 16, 2012

Routines and blessings


Life in Mississippi is slowly but surely getting into a routine.  And if you know me, I am a huge fan of routines!  Every day still brings a new struggle at school but love has been so much more evident in my classroom and we are working on bringing in a sense of urgency as we learn everyday.  There is SO much to learn this year and we don't have a minute to waste.  When my kids really understand this concept, we will truly be on our way to achieving incredible things academically!

Last weekend I was blessed to be able to be apart of Taylor and Josh's wedding and it was hands down the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen!  Everything was absolutely perfect and it was so wonderful to see friends and celebrate with them.  I hope to share some pictures with you all soon! I also spent a little time (barely 12 hours) at home and at Berry.  As fantastic as my weekend was, I did miss Hazlehurst and worshipping at FBC.  Although First Baptist is very traditional and definitely not what I have been used to over the past 10 or so years, I really enjoy it.  The people at FBC are so welcoming, the worship is sincere and takes me back to old school Calvary (singing "No Other Name" today brought back SO many memories), and I love the pastor.  He is no Steve Andrews but I am always challenged and encouraged by the message.  The message today was so meaningful as he spoke on the feeding of the five thousand in Mark.  Incredibly applicable as I think about the Lord using me just as he did the disciples to work relentlessly for those who need Him most.  It can be such a tiring and overwhelming task but He has called each of us to work for His glory and all things are possible through Him.  First Baptist has definitely contributed to the sense of routine and consistency as I am finally getting settled and feeling at home in Hazlehurst.  I am continually amazed by the blessings the Lord has given me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment