Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chaos

Chaos- a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.

Chaos is the word that came to mind to describe the last two and a half weeks.  It has been a whirlwind of moving into a new house (after living out my car and sleeping on Jenna and Amber's floor for 5 days while they were fixing up the house), spending WAY too much money, cleaning and setting up my classroom, and attending training after training.  Some of those trainings included ReadWell for 2nd grade (p.s. I'm teaching 3rd grade), Positive Behavior Intervention Systems, district/state policies, SmartBoard, and Common Core Math curriculum.  O yeah, and at some point in there, I was preparing for the first day of school.  I prepared for the first day but then kinda forgot about the rest of the week until Monday night when I had no idea what I was going to do on Tuesday! Talk about learning a lesson.  I'm hoping to plan for the next TWO weeks over the course of this weekend.  

I made it though.  I survived my first week as a teacher.  And I only wondered what I had gotten myself into four or five times throughout the week! Ha ha! It is so much harder than I ever thought it would be but I also have no doubt in my mind that it is what I was born to do.  I love every single one of my 24 students (even the one that threw a chair on the first day...she's my mission this year and each day has gotten a little better).  We did a lot of culture building this week and I am SO ready to really get into the content next week.  We have so much to do and learn this year in order to reach our big goals and conquer mountains!  I'm including some pictures (my mom actually took all of them) of both my classroom and our house. Big shout out to my parents for driving over last weekend to bring my stuff and help me finish up my classroom.  Also HUGE thanks to Angie's parents!  They were here all last week and it was such a blessing to not have to worry about dinner or organizing the house or our plumbing issue.  They really took care of us and allowed us both to solely focus on school.  Thank you Lord for putting so many incredible people in my life.  

Angie and I in front of our house after church at First Baptist Hazlehurst!


My classroom before I cleaned, moved anything around, or did anything.

I spent a whole day cleaning out and reorganizing these shelves.

It was pretty boring...


We're climbing mountains in Room 508!
Behavior chart provided by the school but I added my own twist to it.


Of course I had to start with the BC!

Crazy to think that my kids are too young to even really know The Climb by Miley Cyrus.

Finally was able to hook up my projector to my laptop at the end of this week.  Technology has such an impact in a classroom!

Park Ranger and Positivity Regulator are definitely my favorite! Love seeing my kids encourage each other!

Still working on defining all these words for my kids.

Thanks to my Aunt Dee and mom for donating these "gear lockers".  Thank you notes from my kids for the "cages" as one calls them are coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment