Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Birthday Wish

My birthday is coming up next month and even though birthdays are fun, I have never been one to go all out celebrating my birthday.  Birthdays are just another day that we should be grateful for the breath that God gives us and use it as an opportunity to glorify His name all the more.  This year, my birthday also just so happens to be on the same day as International Justice Mission's Stand for Freedom day.  April 9 is a day to raise awareness and money to support the 27 million around the world who are trapped in slavery.  So with this birthday, my only wish is that you would partner with me and IJM to end modern day slavery. My goal is $1,000 by April 10, the day after my 24th birthday!  This can be easily done with only 42 people donating $24!

I am standing for the freedom of the children I met in Cambodia who are sold on the street every day for sex.  They are controlled by fear and violence.  But the good news is that the Lord hears the cries of the afflicted and oppressed and He has sent people to help them.  He gives us the opportunity to stand up for their freedom and be a voice to the voiceless.  Will you stand?  You can help make my birthday wish come true here!

A little about IJM:

IJM IS MAKING FREEDOM POSSIBLE
100% of all donations to this campaign will support the work of International Justice Mission, a human rights agency that is bringing rescue and freedom to victims of slavery, sex trafficking and other forms of violence.

IJM investigators, lawyers and aftercare staff are on the frontlines of the fight for justice in Latin America, Africa and Asia. In 2011 alone, IJM partnered with local authorities to rescue more than 1,600 children, women and men from sex trafficking, forced labor slavery and other violent oppression, and helped put more than 100 slave-owners, traffickers and rapists behind bars.

Check out this video to find out more about the Stand For Freedom campaign.



No comments:

Post a Comment