Tuesday, February 26, 2013

GO!!!!

Pretty crazy, right?? Second post this week?? What has gotten into me?!?! Well, first of all, I have figured out how to be a teacher that has a life outside of school! And with that life outside of school, I have had more time to think and reflect on some recent things so I just thought I'd share!

One of the things that I LOVE about Fondren Church is their commitment to serving.  And when I say serving, I do not just mean bringing money or food or clothing to give to another organization.  While there is nothing wrong with any of that and Fondren Church definitely does some of that, Christ calls us to SO much more! The Great Commission says to "GO and make disciples of all nations".  In order to GO you have to be active.  Since the short time I have been attending Fondren Church, I have had the opportunity to help a missions organization in Jackson clean up their facilities so the people they serve feel welcomed, pray with and talk to people on the streets of downtown Jackson, bring and serve a meal to homeless people, cheer on children at their basketball game who would otherwise have no fans to make them feel special, and participate in an event to raise money for a tutoring program just around the corner from the church.  In addition, our pastor has interviewed and spotlighted various mission organizations and opportunities ranging from adoptions in the Ukraine to human trafficking in Cambodia.  I have been so encouraged by the faithfulness of the people at Fondren Church in their desire to GO and DO whatever the Lord calls them to do.  I have seen true ACTS of faith and love.  As  Acts 20:22 says about Paul, we ought to be "compelled by the Spirit...not knowing what will happen to [us] there".

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have found a rhythm to your life, and a church that feeds your desire to serve. I'm a proud mom, and very blessed. A big thanks goes to all those college kids that poured into your life as a child and teenager. I know their example had a huge effect on your life to seek HIS desires in your life.

    ReplyDelete